Monday, September 6, 2010

And so it begins

Well I have been working on walking and for the past 2 weeks I have met my goal of walking 2 miles a week. "2 miles a week????" you say. Well yes. And from a couch potato getting my butt off the couch to walk is rough. But I did it.

Then this weekend my brother and I went on a long walk with Sam, his dog. The walk was about 2 miles long. I was winded and tired. Paul was not and this was embarrassing to me. It was hard to talk and walk and granted some of it was uphill and we were going rather quickly but still......not cool.

So we made a deal. We are both going to be walking 5 miles a week. That is a mile a night with the weekends off. Or every other night with an extra or 2 miles a night for 2 nights, one mile a night the other. The options are endless.

Either way I am serious this time. I am going to do this. And all the walking I do at work doesn't count. This is above and beyond what I walk at work. I am considering seeing if Angie, my friend, will walk with me one night so I get outside. Right now I have been walking on my treadmill although I have to say it really works for me. I am able to watch inspirational shows like "Dance Your A** Off" and "Too Fat for 15" and can feel myself pushing myself harder.

I want to do this!!! There have been rumors in my family that we are going back to Disney in 2 summers. When that comes around I want to be able to get on any ride I want and not worry that I won't fit. I want to sit on the plane and not worry about the people beside me having enough room or being able to fasten my seat belt.

I can do this and I will!!! Paul, my brother, is going to be my check in person, the one to make sure I stay honest and continue doing what I need to do. I am so excited!! I am going to push myself and this will happen. There are going to be tough moments, days when I am too tired but I am not going to give in. I am not lazy!! I won't be lazy. I am going to do this and I am going to succeed.

Wish me luck!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment