Thursday, July 2, 2009

An Evolution in Christian Music

Christian music has made a huge change since I was a kid. When I was a kid, Carmen was huge for me. I thought he had some great songs and I still think he has great songs. But they had a very distinctive "Christian" sound. The rap wasn't REALLY rap and the hip hop was kinda....well silly.

But like many things, the genre of Christian music has evolved and grown into something that can be listened to by even non believers and enjoyed. There are so many AWESOME singers and groups out here and even my list is not close to the amount of amazing music with a great sound but here are a few that I personally enjoy.

RED - Great group. I put a video up earlier in my blog of them and they are hard, with a driving beat and a great message.

Skillet - This is a group that my brother introduced me to (thanks Paul). This group has a great sound, great guitar rifts. Another great pounding group.

Tenth Avenue North - Another group Paul introduced me to. (thanks again) This group has the sound from Daughtry, all the way to Linkin Park and back. I love all these groups.

Toby Mac - AWESOME AWESOME singer. Was once part of DC Talk (another great group). Toby has some great sounds mixing from rap to reggae and back. Definately worth listening to and purchasing.

I have included a video from the group Skillet for people to watch. The more I have heard this song the more I love it. I wake up with it stuck in my head. So get it stuck in your head now and then go buy the CD. :-) Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment