Friday, January 2, 2009

My fun day

So today was a productive day. And I am not saying that in a sarcastic manner like I normally would if I went to work. :-P I did some major cleaning and tossing today and I can tell you that I am quite proud of myself. It reminded me a lot of the show Clean House where a crew comes in to help people clean up and you watch people getting all sentimental with their junk. Well I found myself starting to do that as I cleaned.

I found several shirts from DC Talk concerts I went to and I was like "Yeah but I got it at the concert. I can't get rid of that." Then I would roll my eyes, realizing that the shirt isn't what gives me my memories. I am not going to lose my memories of the concerts if I get rid of the tshirt and if someone else can use it and be warm or feel a bit better...then they need it. Especially if it doesn't fit me anymore. -laughs-

I also found clothing that I had forgotten I had that DOES still fit me. I was uber excited about that. I also found a lot of stuff that brought back memories, like pictures of me when I was really little, a Ghostbuster comforter that used to be my brother's when he was little, a poetry book from high school, and things from the first school I taught in.

It is fun to go through the things, remembering, smiling, just enjoying. But it is also almost a relief with each thing I threw away. Granted it looked more a mess then I started with but once everything was crated out to the garbage, I felt better and it looked better.

I hate cleaning. I really do. But I have felt this week that I would take this time and really clean. My kitchen is clean, my guest bedroom is clean, even my bedroom is clean. Now I have to work on the big project of the living room. And most is good. It is just that one corner, you knowt he corner everyone has somewhere in their home? Well mine is in my living room. Wish me luck! I will be working on that tomorrow and this weekend.

Alright...off to bed. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment