Monday, January 26, 2009

Servers Down

So today we were having computer problems....again. I could get email open and shoot out a couple of emails but it was taking an uber long time. Then everything went down. We had no internet and no email all day. And then in the afternoon they wnated us to shut down our computers all together so I couldn't even do word processing. :-( I don't think I realized how dependent I am on my computer until I didn't have it.

What made me a bit upset was the fact that the guy that is supposed to be over our network didn't even show up in the building. Granted I know that not everything has to be done in person but the server for our building is in our building. And we got a call and then an announcement saying that he wanted all computers completely and totally shut down.

We did have a person come in and work on it and then he left and another person came in to work on it and when I left it still wasn't fixed. Now I don't know much about servers and such but one would think it would be WITH the computer guy, not in each individual building but again....I honestly don't know much. Then the first guy that came in was there for at least 2 hours and they had to call in another person. I kinda got that they thought it was through a company but am not really sure.

Oh well. Hopefully it will be back up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment